Tuesday, 15 July 2014

I'm Alive!



Hi guys! Remember me? I’m that guy who used to be pretty good at updating this blog regularly…

I’ve spent the past few months slogging through university. (That’s partially why I’ve been so quiet… it’s also partially because I’m lazy…) After my stint in Europe, I was back in Australia doing full-time study (which is a lot more intensive than the German equivalent!!) so it took up a lot of my time. It didn’t help that I foolishly chose two economics electives… (Economics is not my forte. In fact, it’s my anti-forte.) But I got my grades back today and I’m very happy with them, so all that time spent MIA from the Internet world paid off.

 In between economics courses, I’ve been making lots of progress on my WIP. I finished a rough draft late last year so I’ve spent the last five/six months slowly rewriting it. I’m just about finished now, so my goal for the month of July is to finish off the last 15K and then take some time to add in some chapters in a second POV.

Making this second POV character fit will be… interesting. My novel’s written in first person present tense, which is something I’ve never done before (but am really enjoying!) but I think this second POV will probably be written in third person past tense. Hopefully it won’t be too challenging making it flow together nicely!

That’s all from me today! If there’s anyone reading this: welcome! How are you? Do you have any tips on dealing with different tenses in novels? Let me know in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment