Monday, 27 August 2012

Another Update on Life

So, I’ve been a bad blogger… again. I’ve really dropped the ball with the whole Blogging/Tweeting/Social Networking in General thing, haven’t I? The truth is, I’ve been busy, and haven’t been bothered to blog about anything until today. No post ideas have struck me on the head either, not that I’ve been thinking about too much. And with only three weeks until I fly out to Germany, it’s been easy to tell myself I’ll get back into a blogging routine when I get there.

But! I’ve made myself sit down and write something, so I suppose now is as good a day as any to start blogging again.

I finished the plot outline of ROGUE a few weeks ago, and I’ve been letting it sit so that I can look at it with fresh eyes. I glanced at it the other day, and only made a few adjustments, so I guess that means I’ve got a solid plot.

As you may know, ROGUE is set in Germany, and I’ve decided it's to be a project I can work on while I’m over in Europe. So until then, I’m in-between projects. I’ve decided to get back on the horse early and write a short story – a sequel to HIT AND RUN, which I wrote throughout 2011. I’m still planning it, so I’ll talk more in-depth about it in a future post, I imagine.

As for reading, I feel extremely privileged to be reading a manuscript for Amanda. I feel like a real writer when I can say “yeah, I’m just reading a manuscript for another writer. No big deal*”. It’s cool.

Aaand so, to end this post rather abruptly (because I honestly cannot think of anything to say to finish up nicely), how have you been? Are you writing? Editing? Let me know in the comments!


* This is actually a big deal. I’m a real writer!

4 comments:

  1. I've been a terrible blogger! It's horrible, all the blog ideas are just gone. O_o Anyway. A solid plot is good! And I didn't remember that ROGUE was set in Germany, so I guess that answers my question as to why you were waiting until you got there to write it. XD I feel extremely privileged to be having others read my MS! No big deal. XP

    I, for once in my life, am actually writing! Instead of editing! Exclamation point! Oh, and plotting, which is very fun. =) I have a little document I've been filling out with the basics of the rest of my series, including such gems as, "Learnz powerz" and "DEATH YUM". All very professional, obviously. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing! Whoo! I've spent most of this year editing, too, with a little bit of plotting thrown in. I can't wait to get back to writing!

      Delete
  2. Set in Germany?? Awesome! I used to live there! :D I'm assuming you've been before, since you're setting something there, but if you haven't and you need to ask someone about what it's like, I'm always happy to help out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura!

      I haven't been to Germany before, but I'm doing a semester abroad there as part of a student exchange program. I leave in a little over a week!! I'm excited about ROGUE because it means I can get first-hand experience of Europe!

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete