Monday, 4 June 2012

Project 2012: May Update

So, as I said in April, I wasn’t expecting much progress on my WIPs this month. I was right: I made zero progress on my revision project and UYAFI. I did have one opportunity to write, and I opened up my revision notes for EXCALIBUR… but that was about it. I got side-tracked three seconds into my “editing sesh” and that was the end of it.

I really need to make time to write, instead of waiting for some spare time to drop in my lap and hope I feel like editing rather than [insert virtually any other activity here]. Writing this is making me wonder how I managed it last year. I guess I made time to write because I wanted to. Now, I find that I watch TV in my spare time because I want to. I want to zone out and let my brain rest.

So, I guess I got side-tracked because I didn’t want to edit. I find editing to be a chore, another thing on my To Do list. Except, if I don’t cross it off, no one really knows, so it doesn’t really matter.

I suppose I need to be more positive about editing. It’s a good thing. It’s making something good even better. Like, what’s the point of digging up coal if I won’t make it into a diamond?

So, as always, tell me: how has your month been? Any achievements? Or, like me, was May pretty “meh”? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment