Friday, 8 June 2012

One Year Anniversary

Thursday marked the first year anniversary of One Page at a Time! Yep, I’ve been blogging here for 366 days (because 2012 is a leap year) (well, now I guess it’d be 367 days)!

To be honest, this day kinda snuck up on me. I knew it was around the middle of the year, but I was thinking it was in July, not June. So it was a bit of a surprise when I found the date of the first post – 7 June 2011.

So, some stats! (Because we all love them… right?)

One Page at a Time has had 3,741 views in its first year, which averages out to be about 10 page views a day.

The most popular post was Writing Like Wasps, in which I noted that writers should be more like wasps (by being resilient, not biting people). How to Survive a Midnight Screening of Harry Potter was also a popular post, with heaps of Google searches being directed that way.

The majority of readers come from the US (although I already knew that), with nearly 3,000 hits from the country. Australia came second with roughly 240 views, and surprisingly Russia wasn’t too far behind. Zdravstvuĭte , russkie zriteli!

Gosh, what else is there to look at? A lot of viewers have Macs, with Windows laptops close behind. It’s pretty cool to see that there’ve even been a couple of hits from someone’s iPod!

So, yeah, this blog’s turned one! Go eat some cake today! Or chocolate! Ice-cream! Sugary stuff! Have a glass of champagne (unless you’re underage in your country – then have some apple juice)!

For the comments, what would you like to see more of on this blog? Writing articles? Other stuff? Random babbling? What would you like to see less of? Let me know in the comment section!

Have an awesome weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I like stats! It's related to my obsession with numbers. XD

    I'm still underage, but I'm starting to get acknowledged when the waiter asks about drinks, so I know it's not far off, lol! *sips apple juice* HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MATT'S BLOG! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still don't get acknowledged! Not that it matters, I guess - I can never have anything anyway, because I always have to drive home.

      Delete