Friday, 22 June 2012

New WIP!

So, first of all, I want to make it known that I had planned to post during the week. Well, at least I had planned to post on Wednesday. Honest. Somehow, the week just got away from me, and I didn’t have any time to write the several posts I had for this week and next week. Heck, I barely had time for this post!

But anyway, I’ve completed my final exam now, which means I’ve finished my semester at university! I’ve got three months until I fly out to Germany! Excitement! Nervousness! Exclamation marks!

I have decided though that I want to write a novel set in Europe while I’m abroad in Germany. After much debating internally ("Do I put UYAFI on hold for nine months? Even though I’ve been working on for ages? Is this really a good idea?") I’ve decided to put UYAFI on hold and work on a brand new idea.

I’m still working out all the details, but it involves a plot to bring down the US, a couple of terrorists, and a CIA agent who must go rouge to clear his name. More excitement! More nervousness! More exclamation marks!

I want to know your thoughts now. Am I crazy for tossing aside the project I’ve been working on for months? Let me know!

4 comments:

  1. Final exam complete? School's out?? I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU! 8D Sorry, that moment just always brings an exorbitant amount of jubilation for me. ^_^ A bit more seriously—I do think you're crazy for setting aside your fantasy project in favor of this other idea, but I might be a little biased. =P Fantasy's kind of the best genre ever, you know, in my objective but right opinion. XP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all, Blogger marked your comment as spam... AGAIN. Bad, Blogger, bad!

      Perhaps I am crazy, but I guess action is more up my alley, so the lure of a good thriller is pretty convincing. Plus, this new WIP will be publishable, while my fantasy trilogy will be purely self-indulgent.

      Delete
  2. Woah!! What's all this about Germany!? I'm so out of the loop! That's freakin' exciting!! And no, I don't think you're crazy for putting aside your WIP. You've got to follow your heart, at the end of the day, or your story will lack that certain quality those you're in love with have.

    Congrats on finishing your semester!! And have fun with your travels!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah I'm going to Germany in September - I'm doing a semester abroad!

      I totally get what you're saying: you've got to really love what you're writing. I still love my fantasy idea, but right now my new idea has stolen my heart!

      Delete