Friday, 1 June 2012

I'm Back!

I’ve awoken from my study-induced coma, and I’m ready to get back into the writing world. I’ve still got three exams in exam block, but I’ve finally finished all my assignments and presentations!

It’s been a pretty hectic few weeks, but admittedly I did learn some interesting (but somewhat useless) things, both through researching assignments and getting side-tracked while researching:

  • 49% of people have Type O blood.
  • Mongolia doesn’t have a navy. (Kind of obvious, but it’s something I’ve never thought about. Living on an over-sized island, it’s strange to think that not every country have a navy.)
  • People are generally motivated by personal gain. Men are more likely to be motivated by “social rewards”.
  • The Library of Alexandria in Egypt (one of the largest collections of knowledge in the ancient world) was partially burnt down by Julius Caesar.
  • In 2010, the US spent over 700 billion dollars on its military, making it the top military spender in the world. The second largest spender was China, which only spent 143 billion dollars.
  • Way too many things about World War I to list.

Look at that, you've learnt something new!
 
Anyway, although I wasn’t able to physically write a blog post, I’ve been thinking about blog posts, so I’ve got some good things coming up in June. On Monday, I’ll be reviewing my May progress for Project 2012, and I’m finally going to post my review on the Amazon Kindle. Plus, I’ve got some very, very, very big news! (Is the suspense killing you? I hope it is! (Well, not literally, of course. That would be awkward. Plus I’d have no blog readers left.).) Stay tuned!

For the comments now, let me know how you’ve been! What have you been up to lately? Any big news of your own?

4 comments:

  1. *ahem* I definitely knew all that stuff. *is a liar* =P I never even considered the possibility of no navy…being landlocked? It sounds terrible. O_o WHAT DO THEY CALL DARK DARK BLUE??? 8O *spends way too long laughing at my own bad joke* XD

    I'm definitely tuned! Big news with three "very"s(one italicized!) is big indeed. Aaand…as for myself, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I am, alas, still editing. But I'm doing a good job now? Yes….

    Anyway—glad to have you back! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dunno, maybe they call it "dark dark blue"? XD

      I'm glad to be back too! At least you're actually progressing with your editing. I sound like a broken record when I say "I'm so busy..."

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. If your short leave of absence gets an "I'm back!", what should mine have gotten? An "I died and checked out the afterlife real estate, but now I'm resurrected now and ready for some action!"? I feel like that would be a bit long for a blog title... XD

    OH OH I KNEW THAT ONE ABOUT THE LIBRARY OF ALEXANDRIA! =D ...But that's it.
    Also, I am proud of the US military. Spending 700 billion on them is ridiculous and exorbitant, but the ACTUAL military...I likes them. Sorta random but I thought I'd throw it out there. *cough*

    WHAT IS YOUR NEWS? *waits with bated breath*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Confession: I love the US military too. They kick ass (especially in the movies)!

      Delete