Monday, 11 June 2012

BIG News!

So, do you remember earlier this month, when I said I had some big news?

I’m…

Okay, I’ve got to build some suspense before I blurt out my good news. How’s your day been? Are you having nice weather in your part of the world? It’s a public holiday in Queensland, not that I’m taking much notice of it. I’m still studying, and I’ve got to work today. All right, enough suspense and time-wasting?


...

...


I’m going to Germany!

[pause for dramatic effect]

My university has a student exchange agreement with several universities across the globe, including several in Germany. I put an application in earlier this year, and it’s now official! I’m going to be studying abroad in Germany!

I’m doing a winter semester, which means September to February! (It also means I’ll forget what “warm” is, but I’m trying to forget that fact!) I’m super-excited for this opportunity, even though I’ll have to leave behind all my friends and family (but not you, dear reader. We’ll always have the internet). Admittedly, I’m nervous about living in Germany for five months, but it’s a once-in-a-lifetime chance, and I’m glad to be able to do it.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's so cool. I've always wanted to do a student exchange program. Do you know any German?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can say 'yes' and 'no' in German, but that's about it, haha! My family got me some books to teach me German, but I haven't really looked that them yet...

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. LOL about yes and no. XD I know more than that from watching Hogan's Heroes! Not much more, but more. =P Anyway, that's so exciting! I've always wanted to do some sort of exchange program, though I'd prefer a country where I already speak the language, haha. And I skipped your time wasting paragraph with the magical, arcane art of scrolling, so now I'mma answer your questions. =) My day's been kind of sad, because I haven't gotten much work done yet, the weather has been a bit cool for summer, but not horrible, and there's just way too many mosquitoes to fully enjoy it. Yes, enough suspense and time-wasting. =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was initially worried about going to a country that doesn't speak English, but apparently German students are eager to practice their English! Plus, all my courses will be in English, so it shouldn't be too bad!

      Delete