Monday, 30 April 2012

The Hunger Games

So…

I’M FINALLY READING THE HUNGER GAMES!

I finally bought The Hunger Games off Amazon ad downloaded it to my Kindle, and rereading it is just as awesome the second time around! I’m getting to relive the reaping, the inferno inside the arena, and the tracker-jacker swarm.

I downloaded it Saturday night after I finished reading another trilogy, and I’m already half way through it, nearly two days later. Not as fast as the first time I read it (which I did completely in less than 48 hours), but I’m definitely progressing through it faster than any other book I’ve read in a while, which is great. I reckon that I should be ready for the next book (which I can never remember… it’s Catching Fire, isn’t it?) by the middle of the week!

I am surprised at how close the movie followed the book. I’ve found that even some of the dialogue is identical in the book and film. Which is great – I really hate films that don’t follow the book closely.

So, your turn now! Tell me, what book are you excited about at the moment? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. My first thought when I glanced at the beginning of this post: WELL it's about time! =P

    I too was surprised by how well they followed the book—I mean, I knew Suzanne Collins helped to write the screenplay, but they did it so well. I like it. ^_^ And yes, Catching Fire is the next one.

    Books I'm excited for…*goes to check Amazon* The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson, The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan, Insurgent by Veronica Roth, and Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore. Those are all sequels I've been waiting for. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise Suzanne Collins helped write the screenplay. That's awesome! I finished The Hunger Games last night, and Catching Fire is sitting on my Kindle, all ready to go!

      Delete