Friday, 21 October 2011

Books!

I’m on book overload at the moment, and it’s not even Christmas yet! Here’s why:

Matthew Reilly’s SCARECROW AND THE ARMY OF THIEVES: I got my dates mixed up, and I didn’t think Reilly’s latest book was coming out until Christmas time. I was wrong, and Matthew Reilly’s announcement came as a real surprise on the release date: 12 October. (“What?! Today?! Why aren’t I at the bookstore?”) I’m now scrambling to finish reading a book I’m halfway through, so I can read the prequel again (which came out in 2005), and get onto Army of Thieves. I finally got my hands on the book over the weekend, and isn’t the cover sexy?

Andy McDermott’s TEMPLE OF THE GODS: I’m pumped to read Army of Thieves, but Andy McDermott is my favourite author of all my favourite authors, and I’ve been waiting all year for this release. Australia is quite lucky in that Temple of the Gods is being released here first (over the UK), and this is the book which is coming out in time for Christmas. I want to be better prepared for this book, as it’s the final book in a trilogy-within-a-series (if that makes sense), so I want to read the first two books in the lead up to its release.

Clive Cussler’s THE RACE: Cussler’s latest novel came out a few months ago, but I haven’t got around to reading it yet. My mum bought it for a birthday present, which we didn’t end up giving, and then my dad got his hands on it. Hopefully he won’t be too long with it, because… well, I think you know why!

For the comments: what books are you excited to read, and why?

2 comments:

  1. I've just started reading The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks. I really like it so far. I think I'm on a fantasy kick, since my NaNo novel is fantasy. :P but otherwise, nothing comes to mind––though give me a while and I'll have a mile-long list. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Constance: It can be hard to think of books on the spot, but I agree: given enough time, we can all think of thousands of books we want :P

    ReplyDelete