Friday, 22 July 2011

100x100: Day 25

As you may know, I’m participating in Merrilee Faber’s ‘100 Words for 100 Days’ challenge, where I have to write at least 100 words a day, for 100 days. It’s a motivational challenge, and as I posted a while ago, it’s really keeping me accountable. There have been a few days where I really didn’t want to write, but because of the challenge, I have.

I have a personal goal of 300 words a day, and if I miss it, then I have to catch up as soon as possible. I’ve tried to get my 300 words a day down, but I’ve had quite a few misses. (I’ve caught up though!)

Thursday was Day 25, a quarter of the way there! I thought I’d share with you some statistics.

Total Words Written: 10,021
Average per Day: 400.8
Most Written in a Day: 2,028 on 18 July
Least Written in a Day (excluding 0 words counts): 104 on 13 July
Days Missed (0 word count): 3

As you can see, I’m averaging roughly 400 words a day, which is excellent. I ran the figures without the 2K, and only got 330 words, which is still above my 300 words a day total. If I keep going the way I am, I should have 40K on my WIP by the time this challenge is finished!

We participants are also going to do a mini challenge: 5,000 words in 5 days. We’re going to start on Saturday, and aim to have 5,000 words by Wednesday. This challenge seems a little beyond my reach, but I’m certainly going to try!

For the comments: how is your writing going?

2 comments:

  1. It seems like the challenge is really helping you keep your motivation up! That's really awesome. Best of luck to you when you start 5,000 in 5 days! I'll bet you can do it.

    My writing's going well. Just started my WIP and I'm about a chapter and a half in and loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzy: the marathon is going well, and I've finished writing my 5,000 words. (You heard it here first, world!)

    Congratulations on starting your WIP! I love starting new novels!

    ReplyDelete