Monday, 27 June 2011

Renewed Enthusiasm

I finished my final exam for the semester on Thursday, and I’m officially on holidays! I’ve got a lot of writing to catch up on (about 2,000 words) so I’m hoping to get heaps of writing time in these holidays.

One thing I’ve noticed recently is that changing the font of my writing every now and then gives me a renewed enthusiasm to write. Before 2011, I had always used Times New Roman, but over New Years I had a writing slump. For some reason, I changed to font to Georgia… and got a renewed enthusiasm to write! I changed the font again to Arial (and the line spacing) and once again I’ve got a renewed enthusiasm!

I think it’s similar to the writing hint to change your style to get rid of Writers Block. (It’s said that if you have Writers Block then you should hand write in pen, pencil, or even crayon to break it.)

What are your thoughts on this? Have you ever tried changing your WIP’s font or style when you have Writers Block?

3 comments:

  1. Fonts are definitely a big deal to me. They don't usually help with writer's block, but with every new story I start I give it a special font. It helps me get into the feel of the story, too.

    I like fonts. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cool idea. I haven't done it with my wips, but I've done that with day job documents. It does renew my enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lizzy: I like the idea of giving each story a new font! All my stories have the same font. How boring :P

    Medeia: If you ever get stuck on your WIP I'd recommend changing the font!

    ReplyDelete