Monday, 13 June 2011

Q & A

I took this Q&A off another blog a while ago, but unfortunately can't remember where. If you know where the questions came from let me know and I'll add credit to the author.

What’s the last thing you wrote? What’s the first thing you wrote that you still have?
The last thing I’ve written would be my previous WIP, POSEIDON'S TRIDENT. I still have the first thing I’ve written – a story on magic fish and Power Rangers which I wrote dictated when I was really little. I drew the illustrations and my mum bound it together for me.

What’s your favourite genre of writing?
I love archaeological thrillers (think Indiana Jones and Lara Croft). I really enjoy reading it, so it makes sense that I want to write my own.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years, both as a writer and otherwise?
In 10 years, I’ll be 28. As a writer, my writing will be 10 times better than it is now, and I can hopefully have at least one novel published. Assuming I don’t sell enough books to get rich off of writing, I see myself working in business.
 
What’s the best plot you’ve ever created?
The best plot would have to be the plot for POSEIDON'S TRIDENT. I think it’s really good and has potential, which makes it even harder to put it down. But I need to practice writing a bit more before I can write it satisfactorily.
 
Do you save everything you write?
Yes, everything that I’ve written a substantial amount on gets saved. If I’ve only written a few paragraphs I might delete it, but If it’s half finished, it gets saved.
 
What is everyone else’s favourite story you’ve ever written?
I don’t like sharing my work with non-writers, but the writers who have read some of my short stories generally like a piece I wrote a few years ago, BLOOD KNIGHTS.

What’s your favourite setting for your characters?
I love writing stories with settings all around the world, so any exotic setting is good. My favourite, however, would have to be in an ocean.

How many writing projects are you working on right now?
I’m working on two: my untitled WIP, and a not-so-short story.

Do you favour happy endings?
Generally I like twists at the end, but in happy ending vs. sad ending, happy ending wins. There’s too much horrible things happening in the world, I think people like to have happy endings in fiction.

Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write?
Spelling and grammar is really important to me, and lots of my friends get annoyed when I try to correct them :) Spelling and grammar has to be perfect in my writing.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I like those questions.

    Agreed on the happy endings. *nods*

    You have a blog! Sweet. ^_^ I'll be lurking!

    ...That sounds stalkerish. O_o

    ReplyDelete